Saturday, March 3, 2012

Aeros' Jim Clark catches all the action: Broadcaster says years of practice honed skills.

Byline: Jim Carney

May 15--He is the voice of the Akron Aeros. Jim Clark, 50, an Akron native who lives in Canton, became the broadcaster of the Canton-Akron Indians in 1990. He remained with the team when it became the Akron Aeros in 1997. The games air on WARF (1350-AM). Q: Many baseball broadcasters say they practiced doing ballgames as kids while watching TV. Did you do that? A: I used to play board games from the age of 8 and broadcast the games -- baseball, basketball, football and hockey.... You would spin the spinner and it would tell what the batter did. I would sit in my basement, keep score and broadcast the game like it was real. When I got my first tape recorder, I recorded the …

No comments:

Post a Comment